FORT LAUDERDALE – With the new school year just around the corner, Broward County Public Schools need teachers, bus drivers, etc.
In fact, they want to fill 800 vacancies. To help with this, this Saturday, July 22, they will host a job fair at West High School, 1200 SW 136th Avenue, in Davie.
The Job Fair will run from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm, and pre-registration is strongly recommended for those planning to attend.
The school district has vacancies for the following positions:
- Teacher positions – all subject areas
- Leadership Advisors
- Speech therapists
- Classroom teacher
- Mental Health Consultant (Master’s degree required)
- Speech/Language Therapist (Master’s degree required)
- Special Ed Teacher
- Teaching Support (IE Literacy Coach, Media, etc.)
- Classroom support (classroom assistant/teacher’s assistant)
- Administration (information technology, procurement, audit, etc.)
- Bus driver / bus conductor
- Catering Service
- Keeper / Attendant
District representatives will interview at the job fair.
The district offers development and support programs for new teachers, including mentors. They also offer health, dental, and vision insurance for all employees, as well as Florida Retirement System (FRS) options. The FRS Retirement Plan provides you with a monthly retirement benefit. The FRS investment plan allows you to choose how your money is invested and how you want to receive payments.