Florida woman ate hamburger during traffic stop due to suspicion of drunk driving: deputies

CLAIRMONT, Florida. – According to the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, a Florida woman was accused of driving under the influence after she ran away to McDonald’s late at night.

Valerie Wolford was arrested on Tuesday for drunk driving. According to the affidavit, the arrest occurred after a Clermont police officer saw that she had not stopped properly at a red light.

The incident occurred around 2:20 am Tuesday at the intersection of US-27 and Steve’s Road in Claremont.

Wolford allegedly stopped behind a white line on the street and slowly drove through the intersection, although the red light was still on, according to authorities.

The officer stopped Wolford, but she didn’t seem to know she was being stopped. She continued south on US-27 for a short distance until she eventually spotted an officer’s flashing lights behind her.

According to the affidavit, Woolford immediately began apologizing to the officer, even before she was told anything.

The officer informed her that she had incorrectly stopped at a red light, and Woolford apologized again. The officer then asked her for a driver’s license, but she turned over her insurance card instead.

When asked where she was coming from, Woolford replied that she had just arrived from McDonald’s.

The officer noticed the smell of alcohol emanating from the car. There was also a hamburger in the front seat, which Wolford took a bite of, according to police.

Before going to McDonald’s, Woolford told a police officer that she had been to a local bar, where she admitted to drinking two shots of vodka before heading to a fast food restaurant.


According to the affidavit, Wolford’s responses were delayed, her eyes glittered, and her face was pale and flushed.

Wolford agreed to get out of her car for a sobriety test. The officer determined that she was driving under the influence of alcohol, which led to her arrest.

She was taken to the Lake County jail, where she willingly told the officers about her night. Woolford said she does not use drugs or take any medication. In addition, she agreed to undergo a breathalyzer test, which showed that both of her results were almost twice the legal limit.

As a result of her first DUI violation, Woolford is currently on $1,000 bail. Her appearance in court is scheduled for August 9.

Content Source

Related Articles