LONGBOAT KEY, Florida (TodayNews) – Longboat Key was recently voted one of the “best” islands in the United States by Travel + Leasure readers.
The travel magazine said that every year it asks its readers to rate the best hotels, resorts, cities, islands, cruise ships, resorts, airlines and more.
‘Real Florida Experience’: Friends catch the longest python ever caught in Florida
After receiving thousands of votes, the magazine stated that it ranks the islands in the US on the following criteria:
- Natural attractions/beaches
In seventh place was Longboat Key.
“Travel + Leisure readers have long loved holidays in Florida, especially with family, but this year they are especially excited about the island they are heading to,” the magazine says.
Four more Florida islands made the list: Sanibel Island, Amelia Island, Florida Keys and Captiva Island.
Here is the complete list:
1. Golden Isles (Jekyll Island, Little St. Simons Island, Sea Island, St. Simons Island), Georgia
2. Mackinac Island, Michigan
3. Kiawah Island, South Carolina
4. Mount Desert Island, Maine
5. Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
6. Sanibel Island, Florida
7. Longboat Key, Florida
8. Amelia Island, Florida
9. Florida Keys, Florida
10. Captiva Island, Florida
11. San Juan Islands, Washington
12. Nantucket, Massachusetts
13. Daufuski Island, South Carolina.
14. South Padre Island, Texas
15. Outer Banks, North Carolina