FLORIDA CITY, Florida. A 32-year-old man has been charged in connection with a deadly shooting earlier this month in Florida.
The shootout took place on the afternoon of July 5 near a house in the 1400 block of NW First Avenue.
According to the suspect’s arrest report, surveillance video shows Nacarrio Lerron Comer of Homestead was standing in the driveway to the house when a white car pulled up and the victim climbed out of the passenger seat armed with a handgun.
Police said the alleged victim confronted Comer, after which Comer pulled a gun from his belt and shot the victim.
According to the report, the two men continued to exchange fire until both collapsed to the ground.
Police said the video showed Comer removing an empty cartridge from his handgun and inserting an extended magazine into it.
“Then he crawled to the threshold of the front door of the residence and called for help,” the report said.
According to the report, officers who arrived at the scene found both men on the ground with gunshot wounds, and each of them had a pistol next to them.
Miami-Dade fire and rescue crews took both to local hospitals, where the victim died shortly thereafter.
Police said a review of records showed that Comer was a convicted felon. They said he refused to talk to detectives at the hospital without a lawyer present.
According to his arrest report, Comer was arrested Tuesday at Jackson South Medical Center and taken to the Turner Guildford Knight Correctional Center before being transferred to the Detention Center the following day, where he is being held without bail.
He faces charges of second-degree murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. As of Friday afternoon, Comer’s photo was not displayed on the Department of Corrections website.
Details of the dispute between the two men, which led to the gunfight, were not released.
Copyright 2023 by WPLG Local10.com – All rights reserved.