Police: A man named Servant could serve time for setting fire to his car with a Molotov cocktail

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Florida. A man named “Servants” could serve time in jail after setting a car on fire with a Molotov bottle in Miami-Dade County last Saturday, authorities said.

Miami-Dade Police detectives responded to a car fire reported around 10:30 p.m. Saturday in front of a Wivalka Performance auto repair shop located near the 4300 block of NW 32nd Avenue.

Police said they spoke to the victim on Tuesday, who provided video footage of the incident.

According to authorities, surveillance video showed Amos Lee Slugi, 46, walking from NW 32nd Avenue and turning onto NW 43rd Street as he walked towards a dark blue 1983 Mercedes-Benz and set the car on fire using a Molotov cocktail.

Police said that shortly after the flames erupted from the car, the Servants were seen walking north along NW 43rd Street and NW 32nd Avenue.

Detectives said they were able to identify Servants from CCTV from a previous unrelated arson case.

After reviewing additional security camera footage from the owner of the Wilvalka Performance store, police said the Servants were in the store just two hours prior to the incident and were wearing the same outfit at the time of the incident, according to the arrest report.

According to the report, Servants were later taken into custody by Miami-Dade Police detectives around 5:30 p.m. near the 9100 block of NW 25th Street in Doral, where authorities said they found drugs on Servants at the time of his arrest.

After transporting the Servants to the Miami-Dade Police Department headquarters for further interrogation, the Servants admitted that the owner of Wilvalka Performance owed him $200 after he did work for him, although the Servants did not say what kind of work he did to earn the money, according to police.

According to detectives, the servants said that when it came time to pay, the owner sent him away and told him to come back later.

After asking the servants who owned the car, he stated that it belonged to the owner who worked in the “yellow building”, according to the report.

According to investigators, the Servant told the police that he smokes crack and does not remember everything that happened.

The police said that the Servants were uncooperative and stated that he wanted to “go to his cell”.

According to detectives, authorities have confirmed that the Servants were wearing the same clothes they wore at the time of the incident when he was being interrogated.

Prison records show that the Servants were arrested and taken to the Turner Guildford Knight Correctional Center, where his bail was set at $13,000.

According to court records, the Servants were previously released from prison after facing unrelated charges of attempted first-degree murder and first-degree arson.

Copyright 2023 by WPLG Local10.com – All rights reserved.

Content Source

Related Articles