Police say a man charged with attempted murder and other crimes is on the run in Jacksonville.

JACKSONVILLE, Florida. A suspected perpetrator is on the run in Jacksonville and the JSO needs your help to find him.

On Monday, police shared a photo of Raymond Rice Jr. He has been charged with attempted murder in connection with the stabbing that took place in Riverside in June. Police say the man was stabbed in an accidental act of violence.


People who visit the dog park in the area say they are concerned and limit their time there.

[DOWNLOAD: Free Action News Jax app for alerts as news breaks]

“This is terrible not only for the dog park, but for the residents, and the fact that it was accidental, there was no motive, and that he is still at large,” said Kimberly Douglas, a concerned parent. “This, this is very bad.

Douglas walks his dog every two weeks in a park in Riverside. Her two children often come here. But now she says she’s reconsidering it.

“A lot of people come and go here—families, kids, people all the time,” Douglas says. – And God forbid that some maniac did something again.

Read: INVESTIGATE: “Making Chaos” How vulnerable are local electrical substations to attack?

On Monday, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office announced that Rice Jr., 31, has an active search warrant for attempted murder, armed theft and armed burglary. The US Marshals Service is assisting in the search and was involved in the investigation of the suspect’s home in Lakeshore.

The search is being conducted in connection with the attacks that took place on Saturday, June 10, near College Street. JSO reports indicate that one incident involved an armed burglary involving a mother and her child.

Another involved the stabbing and carjacking of Thomas Williams. Back in June, Action News Jax covered the incident and spoke to a witness who heard Willimas call for help.

“He was squeezing his neck because his neck was pierced in the front, which whipped all over the place,” said Jamie Bomeke, who witnessed the stabbing.

Last Friday, JSO shared a video of Williams leaving the hospital after a month of recovery from his injuries.

When Action News Jax contacted the Williams family, they didn’t want to talk on camera – they asked for privacy. But they said they were grateful that Williams was still in their lives.

[SIGN UP: Action News Jax Daily Headlines Newsletter]

The suspect’s father also spoke to Action News Jax and said he knew his son had a valid warrant. But he declined to provide more details.

Content Source

Related Articles