TAMPA, FL (FloridaToday.news) — It’s almost time for kids to head back to class, and the State of Florida is helping parents save money on new clothes and school supplies.
The annual back-to-school tax holiday begins on Monday, July 24th.
New airline adds direct flights from Tampa to popular cities in Canada
The following items will be exempt from sales tax:
- Study guides and puzzles sell for $30 or less
- Most school supplies sell for $50 or less
- Clothes, shoes and accessories sell for $100 or less
- Computers and related accessories selling for $1,500 or less (when purchased for non-commercial and personal use)
Parents can find a more detailed list of tax holiday items on the Florida Department of Revenue website.
Freedom Summer Tax Holidays
Several other tax holidays are currently in effect, including the Freedom Summer tax holiday. Entrance to live events and certain merchandise are exempt from sales tax until September 4th.
You can read more about Freedom Summer tax holidays here.
Florida residents can also purchase Energy Star appliances, gas cookers and cookers, and impact-resistant windows and doors without sales tax until June 30, 2024.
Energy Star Tax Holidays
- Washing machines, clothes dryers, and water heaters under $1,500.
- Refrigerators or refrigerator/freezer combinations under $4,500.
- For more information about the Energy Star tax holiday, visit the Florida Department of Revenue website.
Tax holidays for gas stoves
- Suitable for any gas stove or hob that runs on combustible gas.
- Does not include outdoor gas grills, camp stoves, or other portable stoves.
- For more information about tax holidays for gas stoves, visit the Florida Department of Revenue website.
Home Tightening tax holidays
Additional tax holidays are planned for the end of summer. The Disaster Preparedness Tax Holiday runs from August 26 to September 8, and the Tool Time Tax Holiday runs from September 2 to September 8.